Monday 20 February 2012

Fiction.

A friend once told me that I'm like a puppy, and that I need constant attention or I'd get bored and run off to destroy things. As much as I resented that observation, I couldn't help but agree. I bore easily, and I tire quickly of people. It's not often that I find people that I like talking to and when I do, I feel the need to share all my thoughts with them. Out of the already small pool of people that I choose to turn to, there's even fewer who can keep up with the constant conversation. Where does that leave me? Again, with my own thoughts.

There are days that I just hate being in my own head because it feels like my thoughts are on loop and my brain is forever on repeat. It's like a bullet train on a circular track, zipping so quickly that it's impossible to keep up. The grinding of the train and track screech in my ears and keep me up at night. It's tiring, so tiring. I wish I could just turn my mind off, I wish my personality wasn't so intense. How will anyone keep up if I can't even keep up with myself?

This is the breaking point.

No comments: