Tuesday 23 June 2009

Best Of You.

"Is someone getting the best of you?"

When two people have been through as much as we have, the rules change. You unlearn everything you thought you knew and you sit dumbfounded at the revelation of having any train of thought other than the one you knew. The tables turn, the roles change, the perspectives warp. You're left sitting there thinking, "Okay. Now what?"

And, I don't know really, because we live our lives like everything's okay, but in truth, it's all broken. Every single bit of it but one aspect. Like you said, what irony right? It really is the only thing that's keeping me from walking away for good. It's the only part of you I truly like anymore.

I don't know if that's really as sad as I think it is, because on the surface, everything seems fine. 

Maybe I shouldn't be asking for more.

No comments: