Monday 1 June 2009

A Lack Of Colour.

Do you believe that our imaginations dictate a bigger majority of our actions and emotions than reality does? After recent events, it's beginning to seem that a lot of us.. don't really seem to live on this planet, and often we choose to stick our head in the clouds. I guess it's understandable, considering the norms can be boring, and we are all always looking or dreaming up something better for ourselves. 

But what happens when we live our lives according to these dreams, and reality is not exactly keeping up? We fall down disappointed because, it was never that way in the first place. We never read things as just simple anymore, we want it to mean something more, so we take out our magic markers and draw our own conclusions from our own minds. We are a generation of dreamers. Maybe it's because our reality is so sad.

Why should we not be able to create our own beauty, not just dream it, but live it?

We always have the tendency to throw off our own contentment and hope for something more, because we always believe our dreams are better. We don't know if they are, but we hope for them anyway and we fixate ourselves on attaining these dreams. We are capable of putting all the things in front of us on hold, just to see whether these dreams can be real or not. We convince ourselves that they are worth it, and work extra hard to prove ourselves wrong when we find that they aren't. Tragic human behaviour.

I wish you'd pay more attention to your reality, but you're already in love with your dreams. Your blind optimism scares me, that even though all the odds are against you, you're still going to choose to try. I'm afraid that you will realise one day, that this dream was always a dream and I do not want you to waste your potential chasing a dream, that although made you happy, caused you to put off all the things you could have done for your reality, which would have made you even happier. 

I am angry that this dream will never be able to give you a safety net because it just simply can't, and when you fall, it will hurt you. I am angry that dreams beckon anyway, with the equal amount of optimism, screaming for you to chase them, when they cannot promise you anything. I am angry that you are throwing away something that is for sure, for something that you don't know.

I am sad that you jump to conclusions so fast and stick to them, that you don't allow yourself to realise anything until it's too late. You flit from one thing to another so quick, that you don't even give yourself time to catch yourself. I am sad that you don't see I've been the one who's been there waiting to catch you, and once you're back on your own feet, you don't come back to me, you run even further towards the dreams that caused you to fall in the first place. It's heartbreaking. 

If you are going to chase your dreams, I am always going to be reality.
I will always be here to pick you up when you fall,
And I hope one day your dreams become real,
Even if that means you will no longer need me anymore.

You're too blinded to see what's right in front of you, and you're convinced you wouldn't have it any other way. I'm tired of fighting to make you see. I don't know what to do so I will just wait to fade away.

No comments: