Wednesday 9 July 2008

Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

There's this glamour and beauty that old Hollywood has. 
Long before the days of Lindsay Lohan and E!
You had Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland.

I'm in one of my spells of depression right now.
I'm overwhelmed by these emotions that I just didn't think I had.
Listening to Judy Garland sing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas",
Was just absolutely heart wrenching. 

I always cry when I hear her sing that song in 'Meet Me in St. Louis'.
There's just something about her voice.

But it got me to thinking,
When did old Hollywood die out and get replaced by the hollow mess that it is now?
Of course it's about entertainment and.. of course the stuff now is entertaining.
But to think with advancement in movie making tech,
They'd be able to churn out better things than like..
Superhero Movie.

Everything about this life has dwindled to this meaningless heap of superficiality.
It's sad to think that now people are more impressed if you lose 50 pounds,
Than if you win the nobel prize. 

What's wrong with the world today?
I guess it's only us that we have to blame.

No comments: