Wednesday 15 July 2009

All Again For You.

"You'll never sing to me again",
Said the girl to the wind,
"Ever-changing, ever-passing,
You swept by soon as you'd begin,
You left a trail of leaves for me,
But withered all were they,
Soon as you left your mess to clean,
Was soon as you'd blow away."

The wind blew back a breeze,
To waltz with her dress's lace,
Soon as the dance was over,
A tear rolled down her face.

"You'll never dance with me again",
Said the girl to the wind,
"Ever-winding, Ever-raging,
You rushed by across the bend,
Swept away before the curtsy,
To tango with another skirt,
Who couldn't even love you as I did,
But you didn't care how much it hurt."

Now all she hears are echoes,
Of how the wind used to love,
Of the things it used to whisper,
Of the things it told her of.

"You'll never hurt me again",
Said the girl to the wind,
"Ever-cheating, ever-lying,
Deceiting harlequin,
Your columbine's a fraud,
And your actions are weak,
It was your words that loved me,
It was the things you'd speak."

In a flurry of anger she burst into flames, violent, thrashing and hungry. Stretching beyond the borders of nations in search of the wind's new columbine, never resting until every last bit of her was devoured and spit out, charred and ugly to the ground. Unknowingly the wind blew her away, and no longer did she exist. The fire simmered into ashes and from it, rose the phoenix, coloured crimson by its love, streaked gold for its loyalty and eyes black from its vengeance. Lightly it frolicked in the wind, letting its colours dance and trickle along the breeze and a new song did the wind sing, for now he will never be alone.

***

You changed your song to me because you could sing it sweeter to someone else. I wonder what you'll realise once I say to you what I'm going to.



No comments: